- Criteria for admission
The applicant should satisfy the following main criteria:
Admission is granted to students of any course –Arts , Science, Commerce, Engineering Degree / Diploma / ITI, Agriculture, Medicine, Pharmacy, Commercial and Fine Art, Hotel management, Journalism, Teachers' training etc.
- Should belong to a family from economically weaker section of the society.
- Should have minimum 60 % marks in the SSC/HSC examination.
- Should have secured admission to a college / ITI/ recognized educational institution in Pune.
- Should be willing to work under the “Earn and Learn” scheme. (Earnings would belong to the student.)
- Should be willing to allot about 4 hours per week for maintenance / administrative work of the hostel / VSS.
- Should be prepared to abide by Samiti’s discipline and rules (restricted use of mobile phone, daily Yogasane)
Religion, cast , creed are not a consideration for granting admission to Samiti Hostels